Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Buttons and Italian Grandparents.

Grandparents ... aren't they wonderful. 

Today I enjoyed a beautiful Italian lunch at my Nonno's ( Grandfather ) and Nonna's ( Grandmother ) house. I was running a little late due to over spending my time at a local op-shop, looking for finds for the new collection. Oh was it worth it, I found some pretty exciting stuff ... like these little red shoes with bow details, if only people knew what they were parting with, ah boy...
 Yes so back to lunch at my grandparent's, well it was wonderful, my Nonno cooked a delicious bbq followed by rockmelon with boysenberry ice cream, oh and then of course coffee with chocolate...I like to dip the chocolate into the coffee. My Nonno finds amusement in this, as I seem to make a mess.
So I've been dying to ask my Nonna - ( we call her Nanny, as she thinks Nonna sounds to old :) ) if she has any buttons hidden away. I was so happy I asked, as I came home with a bag full of vintage buttons! She has this old milk bottle filled with buttons she had collected ever since she can remember . There's something so beautiful about a vintage button, well anything vintage for that matter, it has so much meaning and charisma. Oh and I have a plan for these buttons, it is a secret soon to be revealed! 
I was also lucky enough to raid through her jewellery box, ah pure joy! 


Photobucket

Here are the little red shoes I found! Available on ebay soon..

Stolen Wonders.































No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Here's a little about Spearmint Vintage ... One raining day trying to sleep I got thinking about my dream to own my own vintage store, then I thought why not start now! So I began configuring ideas of how to put my love for vintage fashion to use. Then it sprung...ebay, pretty simple. And in case you are wondering the name Spearmint came about through my earliest memory of my dad taking me down to the milk bar ordering his favourite ... a Spearmint milkshake. And well there it was, I fell in love with that word, Spearmint. Basically I go around to op shops and markets and hand pick out items that immediately scream out to me, whether it's the colour, print or style. I'll know when it's a little gem in hiding ... Please Indulge at: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spearmint-Vintage/260161907484 Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/spearmintvintagebykatie