Blog Archive

Friday, February 26, 2010

Today is blue.


So today was just one of those days, where nothing seems to go right. Days like these I wish I could escape to an exotic island. I don't want to bore you with my small dramas, although on second thought, I will. So I turned my room, garage and shed upside down, searching for my mum's old Mickey Mouse ears so I can use them in my next Spearmint photo shoot. Unfortunately no luck, although I did come across my old toy box filled with childhood treasures, amazing how childhood toys can bring back so many memories. As I opened the box a strong smell of licorice filled my nose, immediately I knew they were my old Smelly Bellys! These were cute little scented jelly bean shaped soft toys that came in an egg, best part was you never knew what scent you were going to get! How I loved these. I also found my old toy Pinocchio, I hung him on my Spearmint clothing rack for good luck :) . 
I then used my brothers SRL camera to take some photos for the new collection, although he caught me using it and banned me from borrowing it, he even locked it in his little safe :( . 
I should probably invest in one myself, I would love one! The photos were being very stubborn and wouldn't upload on Mr Mac...very
frustrating. I later received some bad news, I became a cranky human.
So I hopped in my car to go for a little drive, triple j came on and knocked some sense into me. Listeners were speaking about ' my first time ' ...which involved many witnesses of September 11 and first time witnesses visiting the children's cancer ward. I felt stupid. So thank you triple j for reminding me of how freakinglucky I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Here's a little about Spearmint Vintage ... One raining day trying to sleep I got thinking about my dream to own my own vintage store, then I thought why not start now! So I began configuring ideas of how to put my love for vintage fashion to use. Then it sprung...ebay, pretty simple. And in case you are wondering the name Spearmint came about through my earliest memory of my dad taking me down to the milk bar ordering his favourite ... a Spearmint milkshake. And well there it was, I fell in love with that word, Spearmint. Basically I go around to op shops and markets and hand pick out items that immediately scream out to me, whether it's the colour, print or style. I'll know when it's a little gem in hiding ... Please Indulge at: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spearmint-Vintage/260161907484 Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/spearmintvintagebykatie