Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wonderful Alice in Wonderland

So I saw Alice in Wonderland and I am in love! It was so crazy, sweet, funny, outrageous, quirky, amazing and well wonderful! I felt like a little kid again...I walked out of the Cinema silently believing I was Alice, its fun to imagine! There were so many inspiring quotes, I was very impressed. I liked the madness of it, anything was possible. I have now become obsessed with Alice in Wonderland...I want to collect all the old books and movies! Did I also tell you that I am the mad hatter? I am. I was driving past a lake near my house today and I noticed this huge, and I mean HUGE geese chasing after this other large duck...except the duck wasn't actually running, he/she was doing this little hop run, it was so funny and so bizzare. I felt like I was Alice when she spots the rabbit.





Nearly all of my items sold on ebay, except three, so I was very excited! I packaged them all up today and sent them off. I arrived at the post box just in time... as the post man was there collecting the mail, I felt like I had sprung Santa on Christmas Eve. There was an awkward silence between me and the post man as I felt rude just to drop all of the parcels in one go, so I carefully placed each parcel one by one in to his satchel. Ha, oh it was a funny moment, I then said thank you to him, I'm not to sure why. I received a lovely odd look off him though. That was nice.

I will begin my vintage hunting soon. Just need to sharpen some tools.
So keep your eyes out!

2 comments:

  1. I loved Alice in Wonderland too! Weren't Alice's dresses ALL so beautiful? Ahh... =)

    I just didn't like that stupid dance at the end, I thought it was pretty pointless really.

    Lovely post.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) !

    I know, I wanted them all! Haha and I totally agree with you about the pointless dance, I was a little embarrassed for her !

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Here's a little about Spearmint Vintage ... One raining day trying to sleep I got thinking about my dream to own my own vintage store, then I thought why not start now! So I began configuring ideas of how to put my love for vintage fashion to use. Then it sprung...ebay, pretty simple. And in case you are wondering the name Spearmint came about through my earliest memory of my dad taking me down to the milk bar ordering his favourite ... a Spearmint milkshake. And well there it was, I fell in love with that word, Spearmint. Basically I go around to op shops and markets and hand pick out items that immediately scream out to me, whether it's the colour, print or style. I'll know when it's a little gem in hiding ... Please Indulge at: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spearmint-Vintage/260161907484 Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/spearmintvintagebykatie