Blog Archive

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hearty heart

Sometimes it's the smallest things that will make or break your day. Today it was the love heart I found in my expresso, it instantly brought a smile to my face and made me feel a little fuzzy.
I guess I can seem a little crazy to people sometimes, well, with my superstitions and all. For example walking over a drain; bad luck, dropping a knife while seated; beginning of a new relationship, encounter with a bird ( as odd as that sounds); somebody will bring you news. Please don't judge me.

It's funny how something so insignificant can make a difference to the way you feel/express yourself.

Wow, I feel like Carrie Bradshaw right now. I am sitting on my desk facing my lovely big window with my Mac in my studio apartment, just like Carrie. Minus the multi hundred shoes.







Sometimes I wish my camera was an extra body part, it could hide in my belly button and retract when a photo is needed. There has been so many moments, when I will walk past something and curse myself for not having my camera, or I will look down at my tights and shoes thinking of what a cool shot it would make. I think it would be a great idea.

Ok so anyway, on the topic of Spearmint, the auction is ready to begin. I just have to list my items, and will do so as soon as photobucket decides to stop maintaining their site. Boo. On a brighter note here are some of my favourites from this weeks shoot....


     Vintage poka dot bustier



Charlie Chaplin style collared shirt 



          
Vintage retro tee!


Nautical vintage dress

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Here's a little about Spearmint Vintage ... One raining day trying to sleep I got thinking about my dream to own my own vintage store, then I thought why not start now! So I began configuring ideas of how to put my love for vintage fashion to use. Then it sprung...ebay, pretty simple. And in case you are wondering the name Spearmint came about through my earliest memory of my dad taking me down to the milk bar ordering his favourite ... a Spearmint milkshake. And well there it was, I fell in love with that word, Spearmint. Basically I go around to op shops and markets and hand pick out items that immediately scream out to me, whether it's the colour, print or style. I'll know when it's a little gem in hiding ... Please Indulge at: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spearmint-Vintage/260161907484 Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/spearmintvintagebykatie