Blog Archive

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rain.

Aprille and I were on our way to Rozelle markets, very excited, praying it wouldn't rain. Apparently the rain was just as excited as us. During our drive we had a little distraught moment, when both of us forgot what station Triple J was, we probably went through every station possible, and maybe screamed a little too loud when we finally found it was 105.7. We were also convinced somebody was trapped inside the boot of the car, as we believed there was a knocking sound, when in fact Aprille had not shut the boot properly. This was discovered after the 5 minute argument over who would get out of the car and check.




We arrived at the markets to find most stalls were packing away, we were very sad. On a good note, most stalls were having a 'rain sale', yes a rain sale. This was quite wonderful. I picked up a few bits and bobs for Spearmint. I felt sorry for all the beautiful vintage fur coats, which soon turned into wet blankets. It was like looking at a sick puppy.





Purchasing ma goods. Yea. 





After being drenched, we then continued to get some lunch. It was perfect weather for a visit to our favourite cafe ...Bertoni's. They make the best Italian chocolate donuts, so so delicious! They also go well with a short black. Although, I am not to fond of the large communal table that seats Bertoni's customers. Aprille and I make good use of sitting next to strangers, we tend to make up pretend accents and act like professional lawyers. You will be surprised how many people listen in, we end up ruining our cover by bursting into laughter and acting silly.



I would also like to award myself for being the most laziest blogger ever !

We ended the afternoon by skipping in the rain and running from a strange looking dog named Chewy.







Hope you all had a lovely weekend :)
xx

2 comments:

  1. oh my my your blog is a bit on the lovely side of things!
    i enjoy your gazing at the pretty pictures ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Lauren! I was so excited to see your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Here's a little about Spearmint Vintage ... One raining day trying to sleep I got thinking about my dream to own my own vintage store, then I thought why not start now! So I began configuring ideas of how to put my love for vintage fashion to use. Then it sprung...ebay, pretty simple. And in case you are wondering the name Spearmint came about through my earliest memory of my dad taking me down to the milk bar ordering his favourite ... a Spearmint milkshake. And well there it was, I fell in love with that word, Spearmint. Basically I go around to op shops and markets and hand pick out items that immediately scream out to me, whether it's the colour, print or style. I'll know when it's a little gem in hiding ... Please Indulge at: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spearmint-Vintage/260161907484 Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/spearmintvintagebykatie